Sunday, January 1, 2012

word.a.day.illustrations.2012.

Once again, I am attempting to illustrate the Word-of-the-Day for an entire year. Every day I will use the Word-of-the-Day, it's definition, and word origin & history to inspire a (simple) illustration, letting my creativity loose to create a world of possibilities. I must admit, I have been obsessed with this project for the entire year, willing 2012 to roll around so the project could commence (again).

This project will be equivalent to a freewriting and stream of consciousness exercise, but I'll be throwing down images rather than words. It will be an exercise of my imagination, letting my subconscious take over with the images conjured by the Daily Word, tapping into my deeper creativity. With a daily deadline, I will not have the time or the luxury of dismissing concepts and ideas.

As my collection of words and illustrations builds, I anticipate many will be harvested into fully composed paintings. There's my motivation to stick it out and keep this project a priority. I am captivated with the possibilities...

No comments:

Post a Comment