Monday, January 9, 2012

tempestuous:::01.09.12


tempestuous \tem-PES-choo-uhs\, adjective

1. of, relating to, or resembling a tempest: turbulent or stormy


Another perfect Word...it started with a fleeting thought of "The Perfect Storm" (oh, I heart Marky-Mark Wahlberg), and then you can't have a good storm without a pirate ship. I envisioned the ship on the crest of the wave, a silhouette in the moonlight, and the wave crashing into the turbulent foam. The final touches, inspired by Mr. boneyard reef, (who's work hangs on my walls and is the impetus of my future tattoo) brought the illustration to the next level to really capture the definition of today's Word.

This illustration is, actually, eerily similar to the tattoo I intend to design for myself, though it will feature a sailboat instead of a pirate ship. And some seagulls.

No comments:

Post a Comment