Sunday, January 1, 2012

novation:::01.01.12

novation \ noh-VEY-shuhn\, noun;
the introduction of something new; innovation


Origin:
Novation  comes directly from the Latin word novātiōn which meant "a renewing." Its roots are novāre  whichmeans "to renew" and the suffix -ion  which denotes an action, as in creation or fusion.


dictionary.com

a perfect word to introduce not only the new year, but the emergence of my new, treasured project as well. My excitement to begin this project had my creative juices flooding my mind this morning. As I read through the definition, innovation instantly connected to technology. I was thinking of something fresh and new, and as I read through the Origin tidbit my thoughts were captivated by the simplicity of 'roots' and "to renew." The confluence of those images resulted in this simple illustration, which I'm sure will manifest itself into a painting or two. I already can see the silver and gold computer-chip detail set onto vibrant green leaves...


No comments:

Post a Comment