Sunday, January 8, 2012

profligacy:::01.08.12


profligacy \PROF-li-guh-see\, noun:

1. Reckless extravagance.
2. Shameless dissoluteness.
3. Great abundance.


I really cannot explain why I thought of a businessman with today's Word...maybe the whole 'shameless dissoluteness' thing, or as I understood it, 'shameless lack of morals,' and thus the Suit & Tie. It makes sense when you just watched the complete Third Season of Dexter, featuring a ruthless Assistant DA (Jimmy Smits) with more than a little blood on his fingers–here, the fingers each sport a precious rock to represent his reckless extravagance and great abundance in non-practical items. 
In reality, I don't know anyone like this. In reality, when I get a new shirt I choose an old one to get rid of, so I'm sure I'll never own this many rings either...


No comments:

Post a Comment