Wednesday, January 18, 2012

persnickety:::01.18.12




persnickety \per-SNIK-i-tee\, adjective:

1. Overparticular, fussy.
2. Snobbish or having the aloof attitude of a snob
3. Requiring painstaking care


At first, persnickety recalled a scene from "the Sweetest Thing," which was a favorite movie among Highschool Girl Friends back in the day....not feeling inclined to illustrate a movie scene, I began to contemplate the different definitions and at once thought of the whole "on a pedestal" notion. But I couldn't have nothing on the pedestal–so back to pondering the multiple definitions I went. It was there, upon really absorbing 'requiring painstaking care' that I conceived the idea of the bonsai tree.

Now, for some people, taking care of a cute little bonsai is no big thing. For a registered Serial Cactus Killer like myself, it's a completely different story.

... the only time I have a green thumb is when it's painted.

No comments:

Post a Comment